The Arts and Sciences Career Services Office uses the Career Clusters framework to provide a bridge between students—who are often less familiar with the multitude of job titles and other lingo associated with the workplace—and employers who are seeking to fill internships and/or entry-level positions.
Each time a job or internship is posted to FutureLink, a career cluster that best describes the job duties associated with their opportunity is attached to it. We suggest that students search by career cluster in FutureLink when searching for positions of interest, in addition to searching by keyword, major, and qualifications. To learn about the career clusters and how the occupations associated with a cluster relate to your interests, values, skills, and personality, check out the following links:
The production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources including food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products/resources.
- Food Products and Processing Systems
- Plant Systems
- Animal Systems
- Power, Structural & Technical Systems
- Natural Resources Systems
- Environmental Service Systems
- Agribusiness Systems
Careers in designing, planning, managing, building and maintaining the built environment.
Designing, producing, exhibiting, performing, writing, and publishing multimedia content including visual and performing arts and design, journalism, and entertainment services.
- Audio and Video Technology and Film
- Printing Technology
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Journalism and Broadcasting
Careers in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
- General Management
- Business Information Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management
- Administrative Support
Planning, managing and providing education and training services, and related learning support services.
- Administration and Administrative Support
- Professional Support Services
Planning, services for financial and investment planning, banking, insurance, and business financial management.
- Securities & Investments
- Business Finance
- Banking Services
Planning and performing government functions at the local, state and federal levels, including governance, national security, foreign service, planning, revenue and taxation, and regulations.
- National Security
- Foreign Service
- Revenue and Taxation
- Public Management and Administration
Planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development.
- Therapeutic Services
- Diagnostic Services
- Health Informatics
- Support Services
- Biotechnology Research and Development
Hospitality & Tourism encompasses the management, marketing and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events and travel related services.
- Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services
- Travel & Tourism
- Recreation, Amusements & Attractions
Preparing individuals for employment in career pathways that relate to families and human needs such as counseling and mental health services, family and community services, personal care, and consumer services.
- Early Childhood Development & Services
- Counseling & Mental Health Services
- Family & Community Services
- Personal Care Services
- Consumer Services
Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia and systems integration services.
- Network Systems
- Information Support and Services
- Web and Digital Communications
- Programming and Software Development
Planning, managing, and providing legal, public safety, protective services and homeland security, including professional and technical support services.
- Correction Services
- Emergency and Fire Management Services
- Security & Protective Services
- Law Enforcement Services
- Legal Services
Planning, managing and performing the processing of materials into intermediate or final products and related professional and technical support activities such as production planning and control, maintenance and manufacturing/process engineering.
- Manufacturing Production Process Development
- Maintenance, Installation & Repair
- Quality Assurance
- Logistics & Inventory Control
- Health, Safety and Environmental Assurance
Planning, managing, and performing marketing activities to reach organizational objectives.
- Marketing Management
- Professional Sales
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research
Arts and Sciences Career Services created this additional cluster to better capture the interests of our students. Consequently, there is no explicit "model" or "instructional video" for this cluster.
However, you can review the Hospitality and Tourism cluster videos to learn more about career paths related to Sports, Recreation, and Gaming.
Planning, managing, and providing scientific research and professional and technical services (e.g., physical science, social science, engineering) including laboratory and testing services, and research and development services.
- Engineering and Technology
- Science and Math
Planning, management, and movement of people, materials, and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail and water and related professional and technical support services such as transportation infrastructure planning and management, logistics services, mobile equipment and facility maintenance.
- Transportation Operations
- Logistics Planning and Management Services
- Warehousing and Distribution Center Operations
- Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance
- Transportation Systems/Infrastructure
- Planning, Management and Regulation
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Sales and Service
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.