The Arts and Sciences Career Services Office specializes in resume preparation for the internship or job search. For assistance preparing a CV or resume for graduate or professional school admissions, contact Career Counseling and Support Services.
Meet with a Peer Career Coach during walk-in hours to have a hard copy of your resume reviewed. Check out our tip sheets if you need information about how to draft a resume. You may also want to consider using the Virtual Resume Builder to prepare your document.
During a walk-in you may also receive guidance about writing cover letters, preparing for interviews, and obtain a brief tutorial on use of FutureLink.
Summer Semester Walk-In Hours
- Mondays, Thursdays | 8:30am-11:30am
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays | 1:30pm-4:30pm
*Note: There will be no walk-in hours on Wednesday, May 23, 2018*
Please check in with reception staff in 100 Denney Hall. The final student must be checked in 20 minutes before walk-in hours end.
If you are unable to attend walk-in hours due to scheduling conflicts or other circumstances, you may submit your resume for review electronically. Please note that electronic resume reviews typically take between 3 and 5 business days; processing time may increase during busy times of the year (e.g. before a career fair or at the beginning of a semester).
- Upload the current version of your resume to your FutureLink Documents tab.
- Contact the Arts and Sciences Career Services Office at email@example.com to request a review and include a few sentences about how you are planning to use the resume. For instance, is there a specific position you'll be applying for, or do you need it for a career fair? Providing details about the types of positions you are trying to qualify for will allow the reviewer to evaluate your resume's overall effectiveness. If you are interested in meeting with a Career Prep Coach, please note this.
- A staff member will follow up with you to provide electronic feedback about your document.
- Once it has been approved, you may call our office at 614-292-6961 to schedule your appointment, if you requested this.
Meeting with a Career Prep Coach
After your resume has been polished, you are eligible to meet with a Career Prep Coach who can assist with your specific career development needs, such as finding an internship or other resume building experience, as well as preparing for interviews. Consultations are offered by appointment, and obtaining an office-approved resume through the walk-in or electronic review process is required prior to scheduling an appointment. Learn more about career prep coaching.
A note about resume approval: Think of your resume as a living document that grows and changes as you gain experience through volunteering, internships, part-time jobs, and other opportunities. Please continue to update your resume and have it reviewed by a staff member, even after it has been approved to meet with a coach. Staff members are willing to provide feedback multiple times over the course of your Ohio State career.